July 29, 2015
MAMEUIFX 0.164 released.
Updated to MAME 0.164
* Changelog from 0.163:
- Added support in Interface for ProgettoSnaps Movies
- Added to Interface new option "Show confirmation dialog on exit"
- Added game Resolution and Refresh Rate info to the Interface Statusbar
- Added Savestate and Dumping Status folder to the Interface
- Added new OpenGL Shaders properties page to the Interface
- Changed Background Color of all dialogs in the Interface. XP Silver style color is used
- Fixed Background Color painting in the Interface game Picture Area
- Fixed display of Japanese Text in the Interface game Info Area
- Fixed with an hack MAMETESTERS bug ID 04701 (blandia: Graphic garbage)
- Removed terrible DIRECTORIES.INI hack from Interface source code
More details at website homepage, where you can follow links to all changes made posted in the forum.
MAMEUI64 .164 Released W/ Snaps & Icons
* Updated to MAME 0.164 - http://git.redump.net/mame/log/
* Added Source/Listinfo changes
* Newest Bugs (29th Jul)
* Added Unit3D Pinball and Kawaks v1.64 Emulator infos
* Added/Fixed 'Recommended Games'
* Fixed MAMEinfo.dat infos
Download at: http://mameinfo.mameworld.info/
MAME Testers at: http://mametesters.org/view_all_set.php?...DESC&type=2
- New games: The Dealer (Visco), Gaia - The Last Choice of Earth, Mahjong Gorgeous Night (Japan, TSM003-01), Mahjong Magic Lamp, Mahjong Super Dai Chuuka Ken (Japan, D115), Monkey Magic and The Round Up
- New Working games: 1942 (Tecfri PCB, bootleg?), Spatter (315-5099), Virtual Pool (?) and Top Landing
- New Non-Working games: Aqua Stage, Mahjong Shuang Long Qiang Zhu 3 (China, VS107C), NBA Showtime Gold / NFL Blitz 2000 (ver 3.0) (Sports Station?) and Sega Network Taisen Mahjong MJ 3 Evolution
- New clones: Ave Fenix (Laguna, Spanish bootleg of Phoenix), Bubble Bobble II (Ver 2.6O 1994/12/16), California Speed (Version 1.0r8 Mar 10 1998, GUTS Mar 10 1998 / MAIN Mar 10 1998), Crush Roller (Famaresa PCB), Final Fight (bootleg on Final Crash PCB), Galaxy Force 2 (Super Deluxe unit), Gang Hunter / Dead Angle, Hana to Ojisan [BET] (ver 1.00, 1991/08/23), Hot Chase (set 2), Hot Rod (Japan, 4 Players, Floppy Based, Rev C), Indianapolis (bootleg of Turbo), Jumping (set 3, Imnoe PCB), Karate Blazers (bootleg), Maya (set 4, clean), Midnight Resistance (Joystick bootleg), Mortal Kombat (Yawdim bootleg, set 4), NFL Blitz '99 (ver 1.2, Aug 28 1998), Phoenix (Assa, Spanish bootleg), Power Spikes (Italian bootleg), PuzzLove (Korea), Quizard (v1.0), R&T (Rod-Land prototype?), Road Blasters (upright, German, rev ?), The Rumble Fish 2 (prototype), Run and Gun (ver EAA 1993 9.10, prototype?), Shinobi (Datsu bootleg, set 2), Sunset Riders (4 Players ver JAD), Super Cobra (Stern Electronics) (encrypted, KONATEC XC-103SS CPU), ... (Read More)
MESSUI now comes with Arcade and MESS as standard. New filters have been added so you can turn it into arcade-only, MESS-only, or both at any time.
The command-line MESS (with NEWUI) is still MESS-only, as before.
• NEWUI - Devices dropdown menu has been renamed to Media
• MESSUI - Software location per driver is now kept in game.ini instead of messui.ini
• MESSUI - Multiple directories for snapshots, titles, marquees, cabinets, pcbs, control panels.
• MESSUI - Renamed Picker tab to SW Files, and added multiple directory support.
• MESSUI - Renamed Software tab to SW Items.
• MESSUI - Fixed a problem with software-list titles and snaps sometimes not showing.
• MESSUI - Added back the Samples column.
• MESSUI - Made the directory dialogs open where the files are expected to be.
• MESSUI - Added arcade and mess filters.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 01444: [Sound] (seta2.c) gundamex: The music is only emitted from the right channel. (system11)
- 01943: [Sound] (seta2.c) pzlbowl: Right heavy stereo balance. (system11)
- 05981: [Graphics] (aerofgt.c) turbofrc: Sprite priority bugs in some stages (MAMEsick)
- 04405: [Graphics] (seta.c) tndrcade + others: Offset issues in seta drivers (MAMEsick)
- 04877: [Graphics] (seta.c) usclssic: Graphics are shifted. (MAMEsick)
- 00317: [Graphics] (seta.c) daioh: On the attract mode screen with the earth down,
there is a glitchy line at the bottom and the explosion is glitched. (MAMEsick)
- 05959: [Sound] (alpha68k.c) kyros, kyrosj: A few sound FX are missing (MAMEsick)
- 05968: [Graphics] (hornet.c) gradius4, nbapbp: Most of colours are completly wrong (MooglyGuy)
- 05318: [Crash/Freeze] (djmain.c) bm1stmix and other: Error on loading CHD / disk error (peterferrie)
- 04918: [Flip Screen/Cocktail] (dooyong.c) gulfstrm, lastday and clones: Screen slightly
offset left when flipped (Osso)
- 05711: [Graphics] (msx.c) cf3300, expertdp, svi738 (and possibly all MSX and MSX2):
[possible] The MSX demo "Riyadh by Bandwagon" does not works properly. (Wilbert Pol)
- 05949: [Crash/Freeze] (msx.c) expert11 [hero]: H.E.R.O. - Game does not start anymore (Wilbert Pol)
- 05986: [Core] (msx.c) All sets in msx.c: Cartridge mapper not detected using Full Path (Wilbert ... (Read More)
July 26, 2015
Luca's Latest Low-level Programming...
Gorgeous girls at Luca's Place :
July 23, 2015
KQED Radio Broadcast 4pm Today. "Are Vintage Arcade Games A Good Investment?"
KQED NPR Marketplace radio discussion:
4:00pm Pacific Time San Francisco Bay Area
You can listen to it via the KQED App and or with tunein.
Hopefully they'll get into the value of the more rare titles
A pac-man wouldn't be much of an investment but I know a
Tank 8 sold for over 10k. Good Investment.
Haze: Dirty Hot Rod
July 17, 2015
PinMAME For IPAC Ultimate I/O
I did the PinMAME-HW project back in 2004. I recently learned about the IPAC Ultimate I/O and thought it would be a great way to simplify the project at a reasonable cost. I just finished coding up PinMAME for IPAC Ultimate IO. The purpose of this is to revive my Baby Pacman machine. I really don't like the idea of paying $300+ for 35 year old boards that are going to crap out regularly, so I modified PinMAME to control the I-PAC Ultimate I/O board.
PinMAME for the Ultimate I/O automatically maps all lamps and solenoids to the 96 LED outputs. It maps the switches to the keyboard inputs. With a simple add-on driver board for the solenoids, replacing all the #555 bulbs with LED bulbs, and a PC, you have everything you need to completely replace the original hardware.
I've been testing with my Ultimate IO and it seems to be controlling all 96 outputs perfectly. I'm very pleased. The Ultimate IO is great!
If anyone is interested in doing something like this, please let me know. If there is enough interest, I will post the source and binary and write up some instructions for use. I may be the only one interested in this, so I'm not going to waste my time making it easy if I'm the only one using it. This can probably control just about any pinball machine that PinMAME supports as it is... but I have only tested it with Baby Pac. Of course, the scoreboards are not supported for other pinball machines, which is why ... (Read More)
July 16, 2015
Haze: Maya Be Clean
Haze added the clean version of Maya:
July 15, 2015
SQEW-OS (+ Frontend Content Pack)
I have developed a compact Linux distribution which features a modular 'desktop'. One of the modules it comes with is a fully featured MAME/MESS frontend, which displays the game logos in a grid, looking like this;
I plan to release it someday. I have also created a large collection of game logos (5000+, both arcade and home games) for use with the frontend, but I'd like to share them with the community for use in other frontends.
MESS forum member Vas Crabb was so kind to host the images (as well as the complete pack) here
These look superior to and are much more descriptive than tiny 32x32 icons, especially on today's HD displays.
July 14, 2015
DU: Crystal System Pimps II
The unprotected Korean Crystal System games arrived. They are Wuly Buly and Urachacha Mudaeri. Thanks to Moose, M. Pleier, D. Stevens, R. Gatto and Kevin Eshbach. Here are pics and a vid. I couldn't get Urachacha to do much, it might have custom controls and Wuly Buly needs color coded buttons in a row to be playable, my homemade supergun did not agree, but you can see them run at least.
gamerfan got us Sega Bass Fishing Challenge Version A
There is one more Korean Crystal System game we can pick up if people want to donate toward it in the next 2 days. I could probably win it for $100 or less. It is protected so it won't be helpful in that regard but it's a rare Crystal System game.
Aside from that we've dumped some Spanish versions of Phoenix, Run and Gun (EAA 1993 9.10), you can see some of the stuff system11 has been up to at Haze's, we got the non-licensed version of Gang Hunter, Vendetta (World 4 players version Z01), Sunset Riders (4 players version JAD), Sega Turbo alt sets, dumped Sega's Aqua Stage, probably more I forgot about. Anyway if you want to donate to get another Korean Crystal System game click below. Later skaters.
Thanks to M. Pleier for sending another donation. I sort of scrambled to sell some hardware on the DU list to get the rest of the money so hopefully we can win this. I know these games aren't that interesting but the system is and they could hold the keys to better emulating it so here we go.
Update: Won the 3rd Korean Crystal System game
July 12, 2015
Progetto-SNAPS 0.163 Update Part 2 of 2 (White)
Ready the 0.163 small update of "progetto-SNAPS", Part 2 of 2 (Home / White).
From today the resources "Arcade" and "Home" will be called "Black" and "White" (the background color). Also many category pages have been merged together: Cabinets, Control Panel, Flyer, Icons, Manuals, Marquees, PCB and Samples. They are also the online dat "Full" and now is on the "WWW" of ClrMAME for these dats. The address that you type in ClrMAME is: www.progettosnaps.net/dats/cmdats/MAME-Full_progetto-SNAPS.xml
29 snaps and 1 artwork pack, downloadable here: progetto-SNAPS MESS Page.
Here's the summary (3 packs, 12.7Mb):
Artworks: 1 upd (tot. 159 zip) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 625Kb
Artwork Preview: 25 new (tot. 75 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 9.17Mb
Snap (only for Parent): 4 new (tot. 1,081 png) FULL REPACK 1 pack, 2.97Mb
Have also been updated:
- The MESSUI page: progetto-SNAPS Unofficial MESSUI32 & 64
- MESSInfo.dat 0.163: progetto-SNAPS MESSInfo.dat
- renameSET.dat 0.163: progetto-SNAPS renameSET.dat
- Software List Snapshots: progetto-SNAPS Software List Snapshots (151 packs, 23,625 files)
- The MESS Artworks Repository: progetto-SNAPS Artworks Repository
- category.ini 0.163: progetto-SNAPS category.ini
- version.ini 0.163: progetto-SNAPS version.ini
If you want to support my works, use PayPal.
July 10, 2015
Haze / System11 WIP | Gaia - The Last Choice Of Earth (C)1999 Semicom
July 08, 2015
Progetto-SNAPS 0.163 Update Part 1 of 2 (Black)
Ready the first MAME 0.163 update of "progetto-SNAPS". Part 1 of 2 (Arcade / Black):
281 snaps plus 713 pictures, pdf, icons and mp4 downloadable here:
Snapshots: progetto-SNAPS Snapshots
Cabinets: progetto-SNAPS Cabinets
Control Panels: progetto-SNAPS Cabinets
Flyers: progetto-SNAPS Flyers
Icons (Extended Unofficial): progetto-SNAPS Icons Unofficial Page
Manuals: progetto-SNAPS Manuals
Marquees: progetto-SNAPS Marquees
PCB: progetto-SNAPS PCB
VideoSnaps: progetto-SNAPS Video-Snaps
Here's the summary (10 packs, 6.39Mb):
Artwork Preview: 25 new (tot. 2,000 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 2.97Mb
Bosses: 15 new (tot. 1,090 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 394Kb
GameOver: 50 new & 1 upd (tot. 5,775 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 364Kb
HowTo: 10 new & 6 upd (tot. 1,390 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 585Kb
Logo: 10 new & 1 upd (tot. 1,390 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 42.9Kb
Scores: 15 new & 2 upd (tot. 6,120 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 306Kb
Select: 10 new (tot. 3,675 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 346Kb
Snap: 58 new & 12 upd (tot. 31,090 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 799Kb
Titles: 58 new & 3 upd (tot. 31,090 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 595Kb
Versus: 5 new (tot. 1,000 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 68.9Kb
Other resources (18 packs, 1.24Gb):
Cabinets*: 1 del, 41 new & 14 upd (tot. 3,400 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 38.5Mb
Control Panels: 5 new (tot. 2,230 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 1.63Mb
Flyers: 30 new & xx upd (tot. 4,225 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 55.5Mb
Icons Extended*: 34 new & 15 upd (tot. 24,980 ico) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 773Kb
Manuals: 20 new (tot. 1,875 pdf) UPDATE PACKs 2 packs, 157.0Mb
Marquees: 30 new & 4 upd (tot. 2,850 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 24.9Mb
PCB: 15 new & 4 upd (tot. 2,365 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 39.4Mb
VideoSnaps***************************************: 500 new & 1 upd (tot. 1,000 mp4) UPDATE PACKs 10 packs, 956Mb
*: Thanks to Antny.
**: These icons are new! We need to expand the collection of MAMu_ with icons of working sets added in later versions. For these my biggest thanks goes to Janez for his indispensable help.
***************************************: Many many thanks to motoschifo and adolfo69.
Have also been updated:
- renameSET.dat 0.163: progetto-SNAPS renameSET.dat
- languages.ini 0.163: progetto-SNAPS languages.ini
- series.ini 0.163: progetto-SNAPS series.ini
- version.ini 0.163: progetto-SNAPS version.ini
If you want to support my work, you can make small donations via ... (Read More)
New Demul Is Out With Cave Game Support
Can't be bothered to mess with links on my phone so google it
Harold Ray "Pete" Kauffman Has Passed
July 04, 2015
MAME Classic 7.4.0 Released
Added : A small clickable graphic in the upper right of the game lists that will rotate through the lists
Added : Several OpenGL options
Changed : Parts of the interface are now "flat" for a more modern look
Fixed: : Favorite list would error on loading
July 03, 2015
new hiscore.dat released
use unofficial MAME versions that support it like MAMEplus etc...
go get it :-
Flyer Fever Update
Ambush - Tecfri (1983) [licensed to Nippon Amuse Co., Ltd.]
Centipede - Atari (1980) [licensed to Sanritsu Denki]
Changeleon - Sanritsu Denki (1982)
Kozure Ookami - Nichibutsu (1987)
Mega Zone - Konami (1983) [JP flyer]
Pro Tennis - Data East (1982) [JP flyer]
Senjyo - Tehkan (1983) [JP flyer]
Space Cruiser - Taito (1981) [JP flyer]
Super Bowl - Sega (1977)
Touchdown Fever - SNK (1987) [alternate 'blue' flyer]
July 2015 update
Play Online Fruit Machines and UK Style Pub Slots!