September 29, 2016
DU: The Rise Of Cobra
coolmod dumped an alt program version of Cobra Command. In the roms is the date line "Tuesday, May 8, 1984 11:44:15 Program by Y.Kishimoto".
N64 Emulator Snuck Into Xbox And Windows Store
CppCon 2016: Miodrag Milanović "The MAME Story: From C To Modern C++"
QMC2 0.68 Released
QMC2 0.68 has been released. It's synced with MAME 0.178 which was released earlier today!
The source code is now available in the download section. As always, expect updated binary packages within the next few hours and days.
The QMC2 dev-team
Full change-log for 0.68:
imp: updated minizip to a newer git revision (as of 28-AUG-2016)
imp: updated PDF.js to a newer git revision (as of 31-AUG-2016)
imp: updated category.ini to MAME 0.178
imp: emulator configuration templates updated to MAME 0.178 (added new OSD video option 'monitorprovider')
new: added two new options to the ROM status exporter which allow for exporting only favorites or tagged sets
September 28, 2016
Progetto-SNAPS 0.178 Support Files
It's ready the new progetto-SNAPS renameSET.dat 0.178 for MAME.
* 3.65 2016/09/28: Added 0.178 infos, update 'allMAMErenamed.txt', 'allMAMEremoved.txt', 'renameSET.ini' and 'addMAME'.
MAME 0.178 [#616]
33.687 set (-1/+50), 11.008 parent (+17), 22.679 clones (-1/+33), 69 BIOS, 3.138 devices (+28), 812 CHD (+1), Samples 1.148, Working 11.552 (-173), NotWorking 22.135 (+222), Mechanical 15.111, NotMechanical 18.576 (+49), 268.899 rom (+1553), 267.523 programs roms (+1539), 475 BIOS roms (+13), 901 CHD roms (+1), 834 samples roms
acpsx > coh1000a
atluspsx > coh1001l
atpsx > coh1000w
cpzn1 > coh1000c
cpzn2 > coh3002c
crush3 > crush4
crush4 > crush5
nbajamex > nbajamexa
machridr > nvs_machrider
machridra > nvs_machridera
mightybj > nvs_mightybj
platoon > nvs_platoon
psarc95 > coh1002e
roadriot > roadriota
roadrioto > roadriotb
stopthie > stopthief
stopthiep > stopthiefp
taitofx1 > coh1000t
taitogn > coh3002t
tps > coh1002m
vf3 > vf3c
vspsx > coh1002v
Emu Loader: MAME And Arcade Frontend v8.2.4 Released
Support for MAME v0.178 and some changes/fixes
Get it while it's hot!
Go to: http://emuloader.mameworld.info for more details
* Updated to MAME 0.178 - https://git.redump.net/mame/log/
* Added Source/Listinfo changes
* Newest Bugs (27th Sep)
* Added 'Recommended Games'
* Fixed MAMEinfo.dat infos
Download at: http://mameinfo.mameworld.info/
MAME Testers at: http://mametesters.org/view_all_set.php?...DESC&type=2
- New Working games: Poker (Electro-Sport), Slap Shooter and Star Audition
- New Working games: Grand Prix '98 (V100K)
- New Non-Working games: Pop'n Stage (ver JB-A) and Labeled 'WU- MARY-1A' Music by: SunKiss Chen
- New clones: Air Trix (original), Battles (set 2), Chicken Draw (2131-04, U5-0), Condor (S C Novar bootleg of Phoenix), Crush Roller (set 3), Elevator Action (4 pcb version, 1.1), Gemini Wing (bootleg), Jumping Cross (set 2), Le Grandchamps, Ms. Pac-Man (bootleg, set 2), NASCAR Racing (original), NBA Jam Extreme (ver. 1.10I), Nibbler (rev ?), Phoenix (Amstar, set 2), Pinguinos (Spanish bootleg on Pac-Man hardware), Popeye (Japan, Sky Skipper hardware), Raiden Fighters (Great Britain), Road Riot 4WD (set 1, 04 Dec 1991), Rolling Crush (version 1.03.E - 1999/01/29), Sauro (bootleg), Stratovox (set 2), Street Fighter (Japan, pneumatic buttons), Super Qix (World/Japan, V1.0), Tecmo World Soccer '98 (JUET 980410 V1.000), Terminator 2 - Judgment Day (prototype, rev PA2 10/18/91) and Virtua Fighter 3 (Revision D)
- New TourVision games (Softwarelist: hash\pce_tourvision.xml): Barunba and Power Tennis
- New devices: at29c020, ms1_tmap, msm5832 and sharp_lh28f016s_16bit
- i860XR CPU: Fixed an issue on the i860 disassembler that could cause an undefined string to be used ... (Read More)
The end of the month is almost here, and it's time to unwrap another shiny MAME release. This time around we've had the pleasure of seeing Angelo Salese show us all that he's a bug-fixing machine, resolving many long-standing bugs in playable games (including graphical glitches in Combat School, and issues with slopes in Sunset Riders). Highlights from newly emulated machines include the Esselte 100 classroom computer from Sweden (thanks Edstrom), Slap Shooter (courtesy of ShouTime and the Dumping Union), the French version of the Apple //e Enhanced, the original Japanese version of Street Fighter with pneumatic buttons (thanks ShouTime), and the original version of Nintendo's Popeye on Sky Skipper hardware (yet another gem from ShouTime).
On the gambling front, we have another batch of layouts from John Parker, clickable button lamps for more machines from einstein95, and improved inputs/output for a number of games from AJR. Speaking of inputs and outputs, Risugami added/improved outputs and layouts for a number of Midway games.
This release includes preliminary support for persistent controller ID mappings from Tomer Verona. This may help if you're having issues with Xbox controllers appearing in a different order when you relaunch MAME. If you're interested, check out the documentation and see if it helps. It's still not particularly easy to use, but it's ready for testing and improvement and may be useful, particularly for people with wireless controllers.
Other notable improvements include working envelope ... (Read More)
September 27, 2016
Emu Loader: MAME And Arcade Frontend v8.2.3 Released
The audit system got magically broken in previous build.
Go to http://emuloader.mameworld.info for more details.
September 25, 2016
DU: Eats Me Spinach
ShouTime dumped the original Popeye version, which came out in Japan on Sky Skipper hardware prior to the versions in MAME / most people's memories
DU: Road Riots Continue
Hammy just sent us a version of Road Riot 4WD that is newer than either of the versions in MAME. In MAME there is currently 13 Nov 1991 and 04 Jun 1991. The new dump is 04 Dec 1991.
September 24, 2016
Another Soviet Era Game Dumped
IgoR76 dumped Istrebiteli
Emu Loader: MAME And Arcade Frontend v8.2.2 Released
New version with core changes and some really nice updates. Everyone should update to this build.
Go to http://emuloader.mameworld.info for more details.
DU: Saturday Bits
coolmod dumped a proto of Hit The Ice. Unfortunately the program roms weren't different. system11 dumped a version of Ron Jan which has copyright at 1991 and doesn't have SUPER flashing on the title screen. He also dumped a Rolling Crush with Semicom/Exit copyright and a game called Lady Maker which is a BET version of Mahjong Jikken Love Story.
Image: hit the ice proto.jpg
September 23, 2016
Unknown SNK Motherboard Dumped By Emufriendly NeoGeo Collector
DU: You Spin Me Right Round Baby Right Round
Ordyne is back with a new list of games to dump. Today he sent us Wing War R360.
September 22, 2016
DU: Thursday Bits
Rockman dumped Up Maguila, a special bootleg of Donkey Kong Jr., thanks to Asociación A.R.C.A.D.E. (http://www.arcade.cat). Also they sent us a dump of a Spanish bootleg of Pengo called Pinguinos. ShouTime dumped the timekeeper for Code 1 Dispatch (US). Bytestorm sent us a dumped of Raiden Fighters (Great Britain).
September 20, 2016
DU: The Coolest Atomiswave Game Wasn't Released, Great Thinking, Sammy
September 19, 2016
DU: Double Tourvision
system11 dumped 2 Tourvision carts - Barunba (#39) and Power Tennis (#183)
Play Online Fruit Machines and UK Style Pub Slots!