July 27, 2016
Based on the MAME(tm) 0.176 source, modified by Barry Rodewald
Find it here:
Find it here:
Also has MESS command-line builds.
* Updated to MAME 0.176 - http://git.redump.net/mame/log/
* Added Source/Listinfo changes
* Newest Bugs (27th Jul)
* Added/Fixed 'Recommended Games'
* Fixed MAMEinfo.dat infos
Download at: http://mameinfo.mameworld.info/
MAME Testers at: http://mametesters.org/view_all_set.php?...DESC&type=2
- New games: Gorodki, Intergirl, Kot-Rybolov, Player's Choice (M4C1) and Swing Gal [BET] (Japan 871221)
- New Working games: Flaming 7 (Custom Hardware, Main, 50 Bonus), Flaming 7 (Custom Hardware, Main, 500 Bonus), Flaming 7 (Custom Hardware, Main, 2000 Bonus), Flaming 7 (Custom Hardware, Egyptian Gold, 2000 Bonus) and Flaming 7 (Taiwanese Hardware, unknown version)
- New clones: Beaste Feastie, Bubble Trouble (World, Rev B), Fighting Fantasy (World revision 3), Operation Thunderbolt (World, rev 1) and Raiden Fighters 2 - Operation Hell Dive (Japan set 3)
- New TourVision games (Softwarelist: hash\pce_tourvision.xml): Adventure Island (Tourvision PCE bootleg), Alice In Wonderland (Tourvision PCE bootleg), Drop Rock Hora Hora (Tourvision PCE bootleg), Fighting Run (Tourvision PCE bootleg), Image Fight (Tourvision PCE bootleg), Kato Chan & Ken Chan (Tourvision PCE bootleg), Mesopotamia (Tourvision PCE bootleg), Ordyne (Tourvision PCE bootleg), Power Sports (Tourvision PCE bootleg), Puzznic (Tourvision PCE bootleg), Sokoban World (Tourvision PCE bootleg), Soldier Blade (Tourvision PCE bootleg), Spin Pair (Tourvision PCE bootleg), The NewZealand Story (Tourvision PCE bootleg) and Tricky (Tourvision PCE bootleg).
- New drivers: seicupbl.cpp
- New devices: jrc6355e, jvs_master and ohci_hlean2131sc
- New MAME.ini options: bgfx_avi_name = auto and hlsl_write = auto
- New HiScore.dat: ... (Read More)
MAME 0.176 Released
MAME 0.176 has been released. Visit http://mamedev.org/?p=429 for more information.
It's the last Wednesday of the month, and time for another MAME release. We'd like to thank the Debian team for their help during this development cycle: they've provided patches allowing MAME to build cleanly on several more platforms, and arranged access to IBM-sponsored POWER8 machines so we could improve our PowerPC support.
The popular crt-geom and crt-geom-deluxe shaders have been ported to BGFX and are now distributed with MAME, thanks to cgwg. The BGFX versions of these shaders allow live adjustment of effect parameters through the slider controls menu.
Interesting newly supported games include rare Soviet arcade games Gorodki and Kot Rybolov, gambling mahjong game Swing Gal, and alternate versions of Beastie Feastie and Raiden Fighters 2. Graphical issues have been fixed in Seibu Kaihatsu's Denjin Makai, Godzilla, Legionnaire and Zero Team, and there are some improvements to the Tandy CoCo 3 palette. A few remaining gameplay issues in Taito's Operation Wolf were resolved.
Thanks to a huge group effort involving some of our highly valued external contributors as well some MAME team members, we've got some visible progress on the Sun SPARCstation drivers. The SPARCstation IPC (sun4_40 driver) now passes its self-tests and allows you to use the OpenBoot interactive Forth interpreter at the ok prompt. Note that there are still issues with SCSI emulation, so it won't boot from and emulated hard disk or CD-ROM. In other news for emulation of professional ... (Read More)
- [garoupx11] Garou Mark of the Wolves Xtreme Plus
- [kof99ndis] Kof'99 Remix Pro
- [kogmxpls] King of Gladiator Mix Plus-EX
July 26, 2016
DU: Tuesday Updates
Hammy sent us a dump of a game called Ring & Ball (or maybe King & Ball) by Microhard. Microhard is the company that made Funny Strip, the porno Pac-Man game. Kevin Eshbach dumped a PAL from Guzzler. Peter Wilhelmsen continues to dump games for the console Gamate. This time it's Baseball.
July 25, 2016
Progetto-SNAPS 0.175 Update
Ready the MAME 0.175 complete update of "MAME progetto-SNAPS".
466 snaps and 988 icons, pictures, pdf and mp4 downloadable here:
Artwork: progetto-SNAPS Artworks
Cabinets: progetto-SNAPS Cabinets
Control Panels: progetto-SNAPS Control Panel & Controllers
Covers: progetto-SNAPS Software's Box Covers
Devices: progetto-SNAPS Devices
Flyers: progetto-SNAPS Flyers, Brochures & Advertising
Icons: progetto-SNAPS Icons Extended
Manuals: progetto-SNAPS Manuals
Marquees: progetto-SNAPS Marquees, Pinball's Backglass & Publishers Logo
PCB: progetto-SNAPS PCB
Snapshots (MAME): progetto-SNAPS Snapshots
Snapshots (HB & FX): progetto-SNAPS Other Snaps
VideoSnaps: progetto-SNAPS Video-Snaps
Artwork Preview: 25 new (tot. 2,465 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 3.91Mb
Bosses: 10 new (tot. 1,225 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 292Kb
Ends: 25 new (tot. 300 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 511Kb
GameOver: 35 new (tot. 6,400 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 2.00Mb
HowTo: 5 new (tot. 1,485 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 148Kb
Logo: 15 new (tot. 1,650 UPDATE 1 pack, 60.2Kb
Scores: 20 new (tot. 6,505 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 697Kb
Select: 10 new (tot. 3,895 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 225Kb
Snap: 7 del, 157 new & 19 upd (tot. 36,000 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 4.13Mb
Snap FX*: 491 del, 104 new & 19 upd (tot. 12,028 png) FULL REPACK 1 pack, 217Mb
Snap HB*: 1 del, 40 new & 5 upd (tot. 915 png) UPDATE & FULL REPACK 1 pack, 13.7Mb
Titles: 8 del, 158 new & 11 upd (tot. 35,000 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 4.31Mb
Titles FX*: 491 del, 104 new (tot. 12,028 png) FULL REPACK 1 pack, 158Mb
Titles HB*: 1 del, 38 new & 6 upd (tot. 692 png) UPDATE & FULL REPACK 1 pack, 8.28Mb
Versus: 1 new (tot. 1,061 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 13.4Kb
Other resources update:
Artwork Original: 41 del, 7 new & 4 upd (tot. 1,029 zip) UPDATE 1 pack, 16.7Mb
Artwork 16:9 WS**: 25 new (tot. 300 zip) UPDATE 1 pack, 77.1Mb
Cabinets: 4 del, 19 new & 12 (tot. 5,545 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 24.1Mb
Control Panels: 5 new & 1 upd (tot. 2,805 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 3.65Mb
Devices: 1 del, 6 new (tot. 1,805 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 4.52Mb
Flyers: 2 del, 52 new & 18 upd (tot. 4,750 png) UPDATE 2 packs, 103Mb
Icons Extended: 1 del, 483 new (tot. 29,515 ico) UPDATE 1 pack, 1.00Kb
Manuals: 3 del, 18 new & 1 upd (tot. 2,315 pdf) UPDATE 2 packs, 91.3Mb
Marquees: 4 del, 24 new & 76 upd (tot. 3,720 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 63.6Mb
PCB: 1 del, 16 new (tot. 2,890 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 37.3Mb
VideoSnaps***************************************: 250 new & 7 upd (tot. 4,750 mp4) UPDATE 5 packs, 640Mb
*: Thanks to Flymer76.
**: Thanks to Ashurax, Krakerman, AlexDC22 and Grizz.
***************************************: Thanks to VideoSnaps Team.
Have also been updated:
- catver.ini 0.175 (unofficial): progetto-SNAPS CatVer
- CHD-Info 0.175: progetto-SNAPS CHD-Info pack
- languages.ini 0.175: progetto-SNAPS languages.ini
- renameSET.dat 0.175: progetto-SNAPS renameSET.dat
- screenless.ini 0.175: progetto-SNAPS screenless.ini
- series.ini 0.175 (unofficial): progetto-SNAPS series.ini
- version.ini 0.175 (unofficial): progetto-SNAPS version.ini
If you want to support my work, you can make small donations via PayPal.
... (Read More)
July 24, 2016
EMMA Italian Dumping Team & DU Member Dumps "Intergirl" But What The Hell Is Intergirl
I've never heard of it
RB Dump Request & MAMEdevs Talking With Jason Scott
DU: Operation Thunderbolt
Porchy dumped a rev 1 world version of Operation Thunderbolt thanks to Muddymusic, it is newer than the world version in MAME. Peter Wilhelmsen dumped a console game "Hot Hero" for the Gamate (attached pic).
July 23, 2016
New Unofficial MAME Hiscore.dat File
i just released a new unofficial MAME hiscore.dat file using the new format that is supported in the official MAME now.
please note:- this file cannot be used on any pre v0174 MAME.exe's that had hiscore support.
go get it here:-
just unzip it into your plugins/hiscore folder
July 21, 2016
DU: The Gunstar Heroes' Battle Of Rapid River
ShouTime got Rapid River (Japan). colour_thief got Gunstar Heroes (Mega Play). He says it has "some notable changes. They added lives (whereas the console version is strictly 1 life) which are set by dipswitches. The default is 1 life though, which is confusing because the HUD will have a big mysterious 0 (as in 0 extra lives) showing all the time, and with no 1ups in-game it's impossible to figure out what it means without messing with the dipswitches. Game balance (including health drops and all difficulty settings and the 100 minute Timeron boss fight Easter egg) match the console version, except for one thing: Your vitality (aka health) always starts every level at 70. In the console version your vitality increases after each level so you can save your hardest level for last to make it a bit easier."
July 19, 2016
MAME/MESS Logo Pack
Latest version can be obtained here.
This pack contains 6574 unique logos for use in MAME or in any frontend.
- Further optimisations: converted about 99% of the images to indexed color with optimized palettes
- Countless logo's fixed/cleaned up/improved, still a few to go
- added 'clones' folder. The subfolders contain symbolic links named after clones. Copy these in the respective logo folder to have clone support!
- added 'nologo' folder. These contain symbolic links to an error sign, to help me remind the logo of that particular game cannot be obtained because it doesn't run or the game doesn't have in in-game title logo.
DU: Bubble Trouble
coolmod dumped an English version of Golly Ghost 2: Bubble Trouble. It's likely a test version or just a very low run.
July 16, 2016
More Soviet Union Games Dumped
Thanks to shiru8bit, IgorR76, "15kop" arcade museum
The games are:
"Gorodki" - which, uses already emulated TIA-MC1 hardware
"Kot-Rybolov" - previously unseen PCB type, possible some other
model/modification of TIA hardware
July 15, 2016
NES Is Coming Back
Looks like Nintendo is releasing a mini NES with 30 games built in...
DU: Akuu Gallet
Artemio Urbina dumped an alt version of Akuu Gallet. I don't know what the changes are.
Image: akuu gallet.jpg
July 14, 2016
Online the new updated version of GameInit.dat 0.175.
Download here: http://www.progettosnaps.net/gameinit/
* 0.12 0.175 14/07/2016: 10 new entries added.
* 0.11 0.174 01/07/2016: Removed 14 doubles entries.
July 13, 2016
Update for 0.175 version, this is the web page for download: progetto-SNAPS MESSINFO.DAT.
Clean version with no additional files, can be found here: progetto-SNAPS Naked MESSINFO.DAT.
Important: From 0.166 version, the file should be placed in the "Dats" folder.
This is how information is displayed with MESSUI:
This is in how information is displayed with MAME:
* 10.13 09/07/2016: Aligned files to 0.175 version. Updated this files: 'sourcechanges.txt', 'changelog.txt' and 'alltimesMESS.txt'.
DU: Big Tourvision Update From System11
system11 got these Tourvision carts:
64 Adventure Island
61 Alice In Wonderland
12 Drop Rock Hora Hora
195 Fighting Run
99 Image Fight
42 Kato & Ken
199 Power Sports
66 Sokoban World
23 Soldier Blade
50 Spin Pair
9 Super Volley Ball
11 The NewZealand Story
Play Online Fruit Machines and UK Style Pub Slots!